Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our "Little Puppy" Turns 1

When Emersyn gets excited she makes a panting sound like a puppy. Therefore, in keeping with the tradition of having the girls first birthday parties be in the theme of their nickname we decided to do a poodle party. 


I decided on Friday afternoon to throw the birthday party on Sunday. We had family in town and so why not? I ran around like  a crazy lady putting together the party. I guess I only had to stress for a day and a half instead of a few weeks.
I always seem to get these wild hairs to try something new when I am throwing a party. It was so fun to try out a "color flow" with royal icing to make the candied poodle as the cake topper. I also got to experiment with fondant while making the paw prints. 
Big Sister Ella introducing sugar to Emersyn. As you can tell from the picture she doesn't quite have the hang of it yet. 
AHH, Now we're talkn'! Taking right after Mom and her sweet teeth.
Emersyn could not get enough. We tried to take the cake away after she had it for about 15 minutes, but she threw a major fit. Since it was her birthday we gave it back to her.
Happy Birthday Little One! We love you and are so glad you've joined our family.

6 comments:

Aunt Maralie said...

Little Emmy sure did love that sugar....Grandma Pico kept telling Emmy to put it in her hair and rub it in...we kept waiting but she didn't for some reason - she just kept eating away.So cute.

Grandma said...

I feel so blessed to have Emme in my life. She is such a cuddly and loving sweetheart and finally she will go to me even if mommy is in the room. She sure loves her sweet mommy and daddy too. Thanks for sharing her and Ella with me.
Love, Maggie

kellkellnd said...

Last time I saw you Aubrey, you were days away from delivery and now emmersyn is already 1 year old. She is just as cute as can be. And I had no idea you were such a talented baker. That cake was adorable. Happy Birthday Little Puppy!
Kell

Kristina said...

Aubrey- your little girls have gotten so big-they are adorable! the cake you made is too cute, i love it!

Heather McMullin said...

I was going to say I can't believe you MADE that cake, but then again I know better. You are amazing!!!

Amberli said...

so many darling new pictures - it's been a while since i've checked blogs. happy birthday to the sweet little lady. time sure flies! aubrey - you are a cake wizard! seriously, impressive!